All times are UTC

Post subject: Balance Suggestion on Upgrading
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:35 am 
Advanced User

As i played so far, i found that "Increased Speed" isnt neccassary to upgrade it. Size is a lot better than speed.
I guess both of them need some buff/neff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:52 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

YouTD Score: 240
well I dunno, with low delay, you can evade slow glaives.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:53 am 
Power User

Yeah but both of them suck without dmg/cooldown so it may be better to have a glaive that will suprise an opponent untill he realises he's dead instead of a slow moving giant glaive which everyone will see.
Also chances to suicide yourself with big glaives is bigger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:55 am 
Advanced User

Hmm...maybe I have to post some replay for better explaination.

Most game i owned with this strategy,
-Size
-Size & Dmg
-Ghost Glaive
-Cooldown
-Magic Glaive
-Upgrade size until big enough & Dmg about 300~400
-Late game pump Range & Bounce only.

Well, Increase Speed seems like useless. It shorter the glaive life time. The longer range i had, the glaive last longer. I can surround enemy with my slow glaive(which last long) easily with max cooldown upgrade too. Meanwhile, i just have to evade my own/enemy glaive, Wards can help at this part.

I advice both Speed n Range upgrades combine together. So that everybody Glaive has the same life time.

Post subject: Glaives: Size does matter
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:57 pm 
New User

Ok i have played many games and quickly fell prey to absolutely massive glaives. In one game, a player made their glaves as large as the screen and had well over 10 bounces. it became unstoppable as the player needed zero skill to rack up multikills with eavh throw. I really think there should be a size limit for the increase size upgrade. Otherwise the game owns.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:54 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Normally when the glaives get as large as you mentioned the game should already be over for a long time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:34 am 
New User

well, i think hes exaggerating, but the game really can get to the point where glaives become big enough that they cannot be dodged. its pretty frustrating since the game no longer takes any skill and every player is blindly throwing glaives through the trees. the most important upgrades are probably size and damage - theres no reason to spend as much upgrades on the rest.

this game also suffers from slippery slope - players who have more kills than others have an advantage - more gold and free health bonuses, and will proceed to kill even faster. players who have had a slow start become food for others.

i think this game needs to balance out the upgrades a bit more. to solve the slippery slope problem, as well as encourage players to split the upgrades more evenly, i propose that some upgrades cost different amounts, and each time you upgrade a stat, it costs more and more to upgrade it. For an example, the damage upgrade initially costs 25 gold, but each time you upgrade it, it costs 5 gold more (Lvl2 = 30, Lvl3 = 35, Lvl4 = 40).

My thoughts on some upgrades:

Bounces:
You don't really need any more than about 3-5 upgrades for this one. It's very reliant on range, but you shouldn't really depend on bounces, because its mostly luck if you hit anything after 3 bounces. I think it should cost a bit more because having just a few upgrades is really helpful for multikills and catching players in small rooms. I propose we increase the gold cost to 40-50 initially, and cost an additional 15-20 per upgrade.

Range:
A pretty useless upgrade. 1500 base range is already a lot, and 300 per upgrade means that you dont need much more than 5 upgrades to double snipe across half the map. I think the base range and upgrades need a nerf, to discourage blindfire.
Proposed New Stats: Base Range: 700, Upgrade: 150-200 per Upgrade

Size:
Something needs to be done about this one, because enough size really makes things too easy. Maybe either a limit, or have a high gold increment per upgrade.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:13 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Good Idea, or I let the gold cost stay the same but put a diminishing returns onto the bonuses, i.e. each level gives less size/damage/... .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:18 am 
User

After Playing another game, i have noticed if you get a kill or to, use a potion, and keep killing it allows you to get farther and farther ahead. And Wards just make late game very unfun. they allow you to spawn, move a lil, and then pow, your dead, now if your on the other side, you get tons of kill and gameover.

In other words wards and potions, need to either cost a lot more or be taken out(i rather you take it out)

second who would buy a tree cutter for more than a ghost?

they both do the same thing, but ghost is cheaper. infact tree cutter opens you up for more hits....

an hp tome needs to be able to be bought. i think you should lower the starting speed of the glaive, and the movement speed of you hero. and instead of shoes you should be able to buy movement speed +5 at a time.

and as everyone says way more starting gold, now the fact of the matter is more of your not gonna do these, but if you felt like it, it wouldnt take anytime at all.