All times are UTC

Post subject: Map
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:30 am 
User

1)The map is too small for 12 players and late game.
2)shops need to randomly move to different locations(prevent shop camping)
3)other possible modes example: team mode, rush mode(faster gold), capture the flag mode, no fog mode(fog of war), hold the flag(point base on how long u hold the flag. longer u hold the more u get. time limit to it or first to reach amount of points), time limit (such as 15 or 20 min, then at the end, a tournement is held, fh or half house required.)
4)Hero Abilities. examples:blink, mana shield, flare, unholy aura, devotion aura, evasion(is it possible?), windwalk, divine shield, and Reincarnation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:38 am 
Power User

i agree with 4) only so far. 12 Players on a small map is very fun UNLESS they camp. So i suggest:

5) Make MUCH more spawning locations so you have to wait a lot of time untill someone spawns where you are waiting. That way its beter to go hunting instead of camping.

I think you can find 12 spawning points :D that would be enough.

now coments on :
1) Answered above
2) If u know they are camping, long range + good damage works magic (with eyes ofc)
3) Team mode, Rush mode and No fog are doable. Others arent fun enough :D (invent something new if possible :D)
4) Agree. Some ideas :

Shield : Lasts 2 sec. If a glaive hits the hero, it just bounces off not doing any damage.
Evasion : The Glaive master moves to a random point in 500 range (meaning not an AOE of 500, imagine a circular line 500 range from the Glaiv0r thats where he moves). Gains a 1 sec invulnerability
Elusive Glaive : The Glaive Master throws a glaive at a target point. In the process, he dissapears and reapears where the glaive lands.
Multiplying glaives : If this glaive bounces off from something, it creates another glaive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:16 pm 
User

also if one dude gets ahead, he wins, last game i play was 60 kills, the rest of us had around 5 or 10

Post subject: Re: Map
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:20 am 
New User

Well i thought i would let u guys know me and a mate are working on our own version of glaive masters we both love the map and simply put got sick of waiting for a new version that doesn't seem like is ganna happen so we decided to act.

Alot of your ideas for diff game types have been added a CTF a Team match and a few more fun lil modes, sadly the map we are making is not going to be affiliated to Glaive Masters or this website as Gex has refused support and we are simply tired of waiting.

The new map is called Glaive Wars and should be out for beta testing in the next 1-2 weeks with some major changes you will all love to see that will make the map stand over Glaive Masters by miles.

That said Gex if you are willing to give us some support for this map we would gladly make it known and make sure there is a link to your site on our forums but if you refuse to do so then bad luck on your behalf and you are the only 1 losing out as we are going ahead with this map.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:04 am 
Power User

nice at glaivewars, still some suggestions:
Dont make 1shotting glaves, everybody gets pissed off at them >_<
your own glaives only deal 50% dmg to yourself?
Different classes?
hard mode, players earn 50% less gold
etc etc :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:09 pm 
User

X[L]R8[MooP] wrote:
Well i thought i would let u guys know me and a mate are working on our own version of glaive masters we both love the map and simply put got sick of waiting for a new version that doesn't seem like is ganna happen so we decided to act.

What?!? :shock:
There isnt going to be a new version soon? none at all? Nooooooo...

Or at least thats what you think :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:39 pm 
New User

Yeah mate ganna be either limiting the upgrades to a certain point or making it so each upgrade costs more and more gold to balance it out if you want go to glaive-wars.tk make an account and post in the suggestions area even thought the site isnt officially running if we like your idea enough might just make it into the first beta versions for try outs.

Just on a side note i usualy host Glaive masters on US West when im on my Bnet name is X[L]R8 if u wanna add me to play some games also you can usualy find me hanging out in the channel clan VFR