All times are UTC

Post subject: Making Glaive Masters Fun at the Start
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:12 pm 
New User

Hello!

I share the same opinion as gekko about GM games first minutes - they are slow and consist of silly attempts to hit somebody out of luck with a slow, puny and no damage dealing glaive - this is unaccaptable!

Solution 1: I dont presume to advice changing maps balance in upgrade values or costs, but an easy way to speed the evolution of the game would be a "Warped Mode" - an option picked by host that gives all players a starting gold of, say 200 (amount open to debate), instead of 75.

Solution 2: involves tinkering with the starting qualities of the glaive - perhaps a starting glaive could be a bit faster, a bit bigger, go a bit further, bounce once more and reload a split secon earlier (basically 1-2 upgrades in every aspect of the glaive to make it less pathetic).

Please consider my solutions and id be happy to hear other thoughts. I realise that some may see these solutions as destruction of game strategy and, perhaps, will allow spamming of hudge slow glaives, but i do think that glaive masters start off a bit too slow to spark instant interest in a first-time player.

P.S. Another minor change id like to see implemented is a 2-3 second immortality after spawning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:39 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

YouTD Score: 240
Such things can be done when I find time to continue this map.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:40 am 
Advanced User

gekko wrote:

Life of a mapmaker is a bitch :)
If IceFrog is making everything in DotA himself then, he must have no life of his own and I feel sorry for him :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:46 pm 
User

Dagguh wrote:
gekko wrote:

Life of a mapmaker is a bitch :)
If IceFrog is making everything in DotA himself then, he must have no life of his own and I feel sorry for him :)

he isnt, ive talked to three people that "have" helped, muiltiple people help at different times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:09 pm 
Power User

Well, if gekko needed help he would ask :) thats what we are for :D

Anyway, back ontopic - if u ever find the time to focus back on this map, id really want to see multiple types of glaivers that start with different bonuses -
A sniper (long ranged fast moving glaive that insta kills, but with long cooldown)

A warrior(slow moving very large glaive with pretty much damage, but not much range and cooldown)

A hunter (short ranged fast moving glaive which bounces off multiple times, but deals low damage)

An assasin(slow moving glaive, which insta kills and has the ghost glaives abilty)

A mage (long ranged slow moving glaive which deals heavy damage and follows a nearby target ( that would be a new abilty idea too :D ) Bounces off if it doesnt kill the player)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:35 pm 
Advanced User

Quote:
An assasin(slow moving glaive, which insta kills and has the ghost glaives abilty)
temporary invisible?