All times are UTC

Post subject: Suggestions/Bugs
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:02 pm 
Light User

some bugs i've noticed:
-sometimes on victory it'll say the person who got the last kill got a double kill or ultra kill when they only killed 1 person
-you can steal life from yourself
-glaives often die if they hit a corner or in between trees

suggestions:
-buff some of the % chance upgrades like critical strike. Doesn't seem worth the payment to get the small chances
-nerf the rune of duplication. Seems to be way to powerful maybe have it just send 2 glaives instead
-randomize rune spawn locations. Kinda boring when they always spawn in the middle. Would be neat if you had to hunt for them
-randomize start locations. Red, green, and dark green spawn closest to the blacksmith so that gives them an early advantage of getting upgrades first
-add team play
-let people chose their glaive throwing unit by race. (ihuman = blood elf unit, night elf = night elf unit, orc = glaive thrower catapult, orc = random)
-add some more useful special glaives. Only ones really worth getting are ghost and magic. Maybe add some that buff one stat but nerf another.
-don't lower the kills needed when someone leaves if it'll cause someone to win the game.

anyhow, great map. It has very fun gameplay and it's nice to see a map where it's fun to play with any number of players (except 2 :P)

Post subject: Re: Suggestions/Bugs
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:31 pm 
User

WARNING: Its a kinda long post, what with all the quotes and stuff :D

nano351 wrote:
-sometimes on victory it'll say the person who got the last kill got a double kill or ultra kill when they only killed 1 person
-you can steal life from yourself

I believe I know about those :) thanks for mentioning them though

nano351 wrote:
-glaives often die if they hit a corner or in between trees

That is because it collides with both trees or both faces of the corner, and each collision counts as a bounce, if you only have 1 bounce you lose the glaive, thats normal isnt it? In general I have noticed that the collision isnt quite how I would like it to be and I am working on it to try to make it look more realistic.

nano351 wrote:
-buff some of the % chance upgrades like critical strike. Doesn't seem worth the payment to get the small chances

The problem with that is that the critical strike is double damage, which is rather a lot, so I think it would rather be better to make the upgrade cheaper, let you start with a weak chance and damage multiplier (like +0.5% or something) and then let the upgrade provide both chance and damage multiplication (similar to how knockback works at the moment). The possibly tweak the cost accordingly.

nano351 wrote:
-nerf the rune of duplication. Seems to be way to powerful maybe have it just send 2 glaives instead

Yes I thought about it when it was being made but seeing as it was a rune I didnt ponder it for too long, I will admit however that the duration is a bit long for the powerup's strength. The thing about having 2 glaives is that it makes aiming kinda hard, neither of them go straight and if you make one of them go straight they dont look good (not symmetrical) so maybe I should just make each glaive do 67% of the usual damage (so like, 2/3 of the damage) and keep the 3 glaives because then it does the damage of 2 but in 3 glaives. I think I should make them smaller as well, because its like "splitting" your glaive.

nano351 wrote:
-randomize rune spawn locations. Kinda boring when they always spawn in the middle. Would be neat if you had to hunt for them

Will do, I would like to see new a terrain and playing area in future so I will keep that in mind when doing so.

nano351 wrote:
-randomize start locations. Red, green, and dark green spawn closest to the blacksmith so that gives them an early advantage of getting upgrades first

I dont see why not, although that still leaves whoever spawns near to the shop the advantage of first upgrades, how about a stock start cooldown on the upgrades :D (so they need to cooldown at the start before you can buy them)?

nano351 wrote:
-add team play

Darned psychics stealing my ideas ;) (IE its already on it's way, so team game ideas are welcome)

nano351 wrote:
-let people chose their glaive throwing unit by race. (ihuman = blood elf unit, night elf = night elf unit, orc = glaive thrower catapult, orc = random)

Again, its already on it's way, although not quite race related, I think an in-game selection process would be better. I currently have 3 ideas (blood elf, nightelf and another...more sneaky one...its a surprise :twisted: I think an undead one would be cool though, I will spare it a thought)

nano351 wrote:
-add some more useful special glaives. Only ones really worth getting are ghost and magic. Maybe add some that buff one stat but nerf another.

:O you dont think my super cool shadow glaive and glaive of the gods is cool? HOW DARE THEE! Haha no Im joking, I will put some thought to it.

nano351 wrote:
-don't lower the kills needed when someone leaves if it'll cause someone to win the game.

So you mean only lower it when it WONT make somebody win? I suppose that makes sense...

nano351 wrote:
anyhow, great map. It has very fun gameplay and it's nice to see a map where it's fun to play with any number of players (except 2 :P)

Glad you like it :) and thanks for such a healthy set of suggestions and bugs...woah that was a long post... *puts notice at the top* :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Suggestions/Bugs
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:13 pm 
Light User

I'd say for the crit maybe lower the multiplier and up the chance then. It seems like it's not worth buying it considering I usually only see a crit once or twice per game. Maybe it'd be more worth it if I could get a full house; idk.

As for the duplication yeah I realize it would be harder to aim but i didn't think of nerfing the damage some. 66% should make it way less op or a shorter duration.

And for the start locations I'd rather someone have an advantage by luck rather than they beat me to one of the good slots :P Although a start cooldown would work well also

And as for kills lowering I'd rather it not be lowered at all but then it could lead to freakishly long games like 2 player playing to 48 kills. I just hate it when someone leaves and then the game ends because of it :(

2 new ideas for game modes:
-Survivor
--each player gets a set nuimber of lives
--last one standing wins
-Gladiator
--a random player is the gladiator
--if you kill the gladiator you become the new gladiator
--only the gladiator can score points