All times are UTC

Post subject: Glaive Masters
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:01 pm 
Light User

Hey there...

First:
I want a new forum for Glaive Masters at Other Games
It should not be "Small Projects" cause, it is wanted by many people.
Also this game (sorry gekko) is the only one with a future (in my eyes).

Version: BETA 0.06

Bugs:

As Player red, your scoreboard will disappear, after you've chosen the number of kills needed to win.

What could be changed?

What do i like to see in the next version?
Well... here is my list:

:: A limit on Damage [1300 Damage, that you don't waste money after you finished it]
:: Thats [Base-Damage] + [Upgreated Damage] = 1300, should be 150 + 1200, thats 1350 and 80 upgreates.
:: You could also just change the upgreated damage to 30, so you end up at 80 upgreates... but i don't mind if it stays at 80 untill max

:: Change the reloadtime-upgreate.
:: I don't like the reloadtime-upgreate-system. You just need 12 upgreates to be able to shoot twice a secound...
:: I'd rather change it to -5% and leave it at ~ 1/sec...

|    Current System    |         At -5%
--------------------------------------------------------
1:   | - 10% = 1.80            |    -5% = 1.9              |
2:   | - 10% = 1.62            |    -5% = 1.805          |
3:   | - 10% = 1.458          |    -5% = 1.71475      |
4:   | - 10% = 1.3122        |    -5% = 1.6290125  |
5:   | - 10% = 1.18098      |    -5% = 1.5475619  |
6:   | - 10% = 1.062882    |    -5% = 1.4701839  |
7:   | - 10% = 0.9565938  |    -5% = 1.3966748  |
8:   | - 10% = 0.8609345  |    -5% = 1.3268411  |
9:   | - 10% = 0.7748411  |    -5% = 1.2604991  |
10: | - 10% = 0.697357    |    -5% = 1.1974742  |
11: | - 10% = 0.6276213  |    -5% = 1.1376005  |
12: | - 10% = 0.5648592  |    -5% = 1.0807205  |
--------------------------------------------------------

:: Or change cost to 50 or even 100 Gold.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by GeeCKoo on Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:06 pm 
Light User

Sorry for re-entry but NO, I took the name GeeCKoo BEFORE i knew gekko... so please stop sending me messages about this...

I took this Name at Battle.net like 2 Months ago, so please don't complain about GeeCKoo...

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:53 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

YouTD Score: 240
Well I dunno, I don't see too much people opening threads for it. I will open a forum when I see there are enough.

I see what can be done for it when I am finished with CF 1.11

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:14 pm 
Power User

well... now that castle fight 1.11 is released, i think gekko can do something about this map (no pushing :D )

What i think this game needs is some versatilty. SURE you can have many strategies and ways to own etc...etc... . However this isnt meant to be a "serious* map, like castle fight for example. It is meant to be a fun game (you mentioned yourself-pudge wars).
So, what can you do? (if you have the time/dont need a break :D )

Add abilties to glaives, like magic glaives, wood cutter glaives , ghost etc...etc...

Some suggestions

Dragging Glaives --- The glaives dont bounce off or stop at the target, instead they drag it to the point where they stop. If you have magic glaives, then the target will be dragged as long as the glaive keeps moving even after it bounces off the target. For example, you have magic glaives and Dragging glaives. You hit a player, then the glaive goes in a different direction but drags the target with it. Also if u have Ghost glaives, then if u hit a target, and the glaive continues onto a bunch of trees, the target will stop at the first tree the glaive encounters.Woodcutter glaives will just keep the target draging along after they bounce off the tree.

Pushing glaives --- The glaives will push every target they hit (including targets from magic glaives)

Stunning glaives --- The glaives will stun every target (including targets from magic glaives)

Exploding glaives --- The glaives explode at the end of their path (having no magic glaives will result in AOE damage at the target since they dont bounce off units)

Also effects based on attributes of glaives would be good to implement, like

Sniper glaives --- Deals x% of the range of your glaives into damage. However aiming of these glaives increases the cooldown by y% (or by a fixed value z)
Light glaives --- These glaives are so light that it is much easier to throw them. Reduces cooldown but also reduces damage by x (or percentage y%)
Heavy glaives --- These glaives do extra damage based off your glaives' size. However the extra weight reduces the range by x (or percentage y% )
Moon glaives --- These glaives have moon magic cast upon them , allowing them to bounce between more targets based by their range. However this magic reduces their size by x (or percentage y% )
Sharp glaives --- These glaives are so sharp , that they deal x% extra damage (or fixed value y). However, the care it needs to use these glaives increases the cooldown by x% (or fixed value y)

You will only be able to use one of these glaives at a time to prevent abuse of all of them together and then getting small amounts of stats to make a much better performance.

Ofcourse, gekko should update this map if he has the time (or he doesnt need a break ;) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:50 pm 
Advanced User

again, teams would be nice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:59 pm 
New User

Just a suggestion. What about if you hit someone else's glaive with yours, they would deflect off of each other? I always thought that would be nice to watch (I don't know if this is hard to code though)

...and of course, teams.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:09 pm 
Power User

hello and welcome to the forums.
and a great idea! id like to see it with the next version ;)

oh and gekko, in the description it says "the first to get to 40 kills wins", but instead you give a number of choices at the begining,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:58 pm 
Power User

TheBoxEater wrote:
Just a suggestion. What about if you hit someone else's glaive with yours, they would deflect off of each other? I always thought that would be nice to watch (I don't know if this is hard to code though)

...and of course, teams.

interesting thought, could be used defensively as well,but if used too defensively it would kill you... would be nice to watch