All times are UTC

Post subject: Any plans to rework builders?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:36 pm 
New User

There are so many useless builders, who are never chosen unless you're messing around or a newbie. Either the benefit of the builder is very small (for example, damage against air) or the penalty of the builder is so high there is no point even trying. In youtd games, everyone either goes alch, kitty, or adventurer. It would be nice to have some diversity

For example, for mira, queen of the skies, the benefit could be: all towers can attack air, +10% attack speed. Disadvantage: -10% damage to ground units.
Suddenly it goes from useless to situationally good, making a few more towers able to full carry.

Post subject: Re: Any plans to rework builders?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:40 pm 
User

pssst rework is called beeing creative
or at least put more effort on the example mira is almost a heavy gun dmg bonus with a storm focus +air % dmg which is 1/5 of wave types + extra ias for no dissadvantage how is that even close to useless?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:30 pm 
Light User

VoyagesDelAme wrote:
In youtd games, everyone either goes alch, kitty, or adventurer. It would be nice to have some diversity.

Not everyone, because i prefer Pandaren Monk, Arch Sorceress and Puuuuudgeeeee.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:44 am 
Super User

YouTD Score: 43
xwhistlerx wrote:
pssst rework is called beeing creative
or at least put more effort on the example mira is almost a heavy gun dmg bonus with a storm focus +air % dmg which is 1/5 of wave types + extra ias for no dissadvantage how is that even close to useless?

After such an advertisement of Mira I wonder how could I not playing only with Mira all my life.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:35 pm 
Light User

I really like an idea with Mira (Hawk). If this builder will grants ability to attack air targerts to towers like Gryphon Rider and Kraken, with small cons for damage to ground creeps, this will allows me to get rid of Storm Focus as 3-rd carry anti-air only tower. In current view this builder and greater part of others are useless, alchemist or dwarf is only one choise.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:26 pm 
Light User

Mira isn't useless builder, but isn't strong too. When you choose builders for items (alch or trasher, even kitty) you make a choose for item chance or item quality - you may farm gargoolye wings or 2 spider webs ang you will in much more profit than pick eagle.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:28 pm 
Light User

About new builders in 1.09 version - absolutely useless... ALL new builders. In a cause of too much con's. Try to do much better builders :idea: