All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Laptop for a poor Developer
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:29 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

YouTD Score: 240
r-a-p-h wrote:
You should build iphone application to earn money. I want make donnation but i can use paypal ( i hate pay pall and my accompte is closed) there is another way for donnation ?

Paypal allows you donating without a paypal account using credit cards or, at least here in germany, simple bank account.

And I cannot build an iphone app since the SDK is only running on Mac, which I don't have yet :P.

update about the "donation counter":
About 50 € have been donated until now, thank you all!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:20 pm 
Light User

geX wrote:
And I cannot build an iphone app since the SDK is only running on Mac, which I don't have yet :P.

I hope you wont throw out your money. Dont buy shit.

geX wrote:
update about the "donation counter":
About 50 € have been donated until now, thank you all!

Oh damn :/ , thats not soo much. Maybe you can update some maps and edit the loading screen or just the game menu with the information...or you can make ingame messages "hi bla bla... so if you want you can donate bla bla" - i think small messages are not annoying and that could help more.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:40 am 
Light User

Ha ha ha, ha ha ah ha ha!...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:55 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Xinthose wrote:

You registered just for that post? :|

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:58 pm 
Light User

geX wrote:
Xinthose wrote:

You registered just for that post? :|

Damn right. I also came back to see if you said anything; ha ha haah ahha ha ah... ; But seriosuly, I love YouTD, keep up the good work; why don't you go and steel the "Work Will Set You Free" sign and sell it on Ebay!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:21 pm 
Power User

YouTD Score: 46
seriously not funny....

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:55 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Neotopia wrote:
seriously not funny....

true.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:59 pm 
User

geX wrote:
Most parts of Castle Fight were developed at university during the lectures.

Arent you supposed to be listening and learning during lectures?

Sigh, I cant donate with just a bank account and if I asked anybody for a credit card they're like "lolwutno?" :(

Oh, and the announcement on the home page says that this topic only has 2 comments...but its on 2 pages of comments? 0.o

EDIT: Oh they are 2 different posts.... :/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:43 pm 
New User

It is enough to listen to the lecturer passivly while doing something else, you can read what he told anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:57 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

BonE wrote:
It is enough to listen to the lecturer passivly while doing something else, you can read what he told anyway.

Indeed ;)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:07 pm 
Light User

After checking this site several times for a new you TD release, I finally registered, mostly to tell you and all the other people for how awesome you all are. I've been playing Warcraft 3 for several years, and, without any form of exaggeration, let me tell you that you TD really is one of the most innovative Maps I've ever played ( and I have like ... a lot :) ). Kudos, many Kudos. Actually, the plan on creating some Apps for the IPhone / Ipod really is an excellent idea. Most TDs out there are rather lame, and with some innovative spirit you can really earn a lot. Well, I can just compare, and I really see the potential.

But I'm writing exactly here because I want to support your new Laptop thingie. Living in Germany as well and hating paypal, I'd support you via your bank account. I haven't got much money myself, but I'd be glad to support you with like 5 - 10 Euro to show my appreciation.
So, such a long text ... ._.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:05 pm 
Light User

Cumpany wrote:
After checking this site several times for a new you TD release, I finally registered, mostly to tell you and all the other people for how awesome you all are. I've been playing Warcraft 3 for several years, and, without any form of exaggeration, let me tell you that you TD really is one of the most innovative Maps I've ever played ( and I have like ... a lot :) ). Kudos, many Kudos. Actually, the plan on creating some Apps for the IPhone / Ipod really is an excellent idea. Most TDs out there are rather lame, and with some innovative spirit you can really earn a lot. Well, I can just compare, and I really see the potential.

But I'm writing exactly here because I want to support your new Laptop thingie. Living in Germany as well and hating paypal, I'd support you via your bank account. I haven't got much money myself, but I'd be glad to support you with like 5 - 10 Euro to show my appreciation.
So, such a long text ... ._.

Yah I agree too. maybe I'll donate 1$ just so I can brag to my friends how I supported YouTD all along;;;;; but seriously, work WILL set YouTD free !!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:11 pm 
New User

Hi, I just spent a handfull of bucks. Thanks for developing CastleFight, I have played it like 400 times according to the replays and I will continue in the future. (if my buddies also want, because I don't leave them a chance :) )

Just one more thing, which almost hindered me to spend at all: Don't buy a macbook. You pay extra for nothing but style. And what they call style is merely a plague. Also if you use Windows it is not unlikely to get problems. Sorry to all Fanboys but this is my experience and opinion :roll:
Best regards

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:49 pm 
Power User

Dead-Eye wrote:
st spent a handfull of bucks. Thanks for developing CastleFight, I have played it like 400 times according to the replays and I will continue in the future. (if my buddies also want, because I don't leave them a chance :) )

Just one more thing, which almost hindered me to spend at all: Don't buy a macbook. You pay extra for nothing but style. And what they call style is merely a plague. Also if you use Windows it is not unlikely to get problems. Sorry to all Fanboys but this is my experience and opinion :roll:
Best regards

If u would have read carefully u should figured out he wants to buy a macbook to be able give support to his maps on OS-X. As u can install OS-X and Windows on macbbooks he will be able to support both.
So far the new maps wont work on snow leopard (the latest OS-X) what disapoints lot of people.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:21 am 
New User

I don't have a laptop to offer you but I put in some money. Thank you for all of your hard work!